Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] benjililley@hotmail.com is offline

Default Adding Separate Ground Wire to 2-wire Circuit

Tom The Great wrote:
On 30 Dec 2006 09:09:56 -0800, wrote:
imho:

Too many words.

I agree. I get too wordy sometimes for a simple question

First check if you have an existing grounding method. See if the
receptacle boxes are metal and the wiring method is AC (BX).

The boxes are metal, but the wiring is not armored. Even if it were, I
would not rely on it as grounding.

Now if
you aren't a qualified electrician then get one to do the work.
Cheaper than replacing computers, and such.

When it comes to electrical I do feel that one needs to know what they
are doing, be safe, and be comfortable with the job. I do not feel
every task requires putting hundreds of dollars in someone else's
pocket, however. If I needed to replace my panel, I'd hire an expert.
If I'm just installing a new outlet or running a ground wire, I feel
quite capable.