Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Owen Lowe Owen Lowe is offline

Default Robust Tools Lathes

In article .com,
" wrote:

Seen that lathe before, thought they had gone bankrupt, someone buy
them out ???

I suspect you may be thinking of the Serious Lathe.
http://www.seriouslathe.com/wood_lathes.php The company didn't go
bankrupt, but was sold to other folks a year or two ago after years of
struggling along as a second business to the designing engineer.

The Serious lathe is really quite well designed and very solid. It would
give all the top makers a run for the money if they can get more market
penetration and presence outside the Pacific Northwest. BTW, I really
like their camlock tool handle - I hate searching for allen wrenches!!!
Gotta pick me up another one of those one of these days...

Come to think of it that would be a problem though.

That was one of my concerns with Serious when I was considering my last
lathe purchase. Oneway has such a good reputation as well as decent
longevity in the business that I had to weight my decision in that
direction.

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Place a sign, easily seen as you switch on your lathe, warning you to remove any and all rings from your fingers. Called degloving, extended hardware can grab your ring and rip it off your finger. A pic for the strong of stomach: www.itim.nsw.gov.au/go/objectid/2A3AC703-1321-1C29-70B067DC88E16BFC/index.cfm

Besides, rings can easily mar the surface of a turning as you check for finished smoothness.