jim rozen

Default Why a 220v welder is as good as a 120v..listen up, I discovered this w/o electrocuting myself

In article , Gerald Miller says...

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:45:46 -0800, jk wrote:

Well I Lived in one for 20 years. No 220 Oven recept, no 220 dryer
recept, NO 220 period. Just 1 120 to neutral leg.
jk

This is what the low-ball wire pullers used to get away with in newly
electrified areas in the late forties, instal a service panel
consisting of a two pole disconnect switch with two 15A fuses fed from
the single hot wire.

You still see those around here. Because peekskill has natural
gas, there are still houses with 60 amp 120 volt service around.
When they sell, typically banks will not write mortgages on them
until the service is upgraded.

Jim

please reply to: