Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default End-feed or solder ring copper fittings

In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:
End feed is more inspectable - you can see the ring of solder around the
edge, and if it's got to the other side of the fitting, it's pretty
certain that it's complete.

Same with yorkshires.

However. With constrained access, solder ring is easier.

I don't see how - if you can get a blowlamp in you can also the solder.

Flux (a light smear) should always be used.

I wouldn't worry about it being only a light smear. It's more important
to use enough. Excess can be wiped off afterwards with a damp cloth. I
favour an aggressive type like EverFlux, so keep it off your skin as much
as possible. Being water based any excess inside the tube can be flushed
out before commissioning.

--
*If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.