Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex Vortex is offline

Default End-feed or solder ring copper fittings

Any advice, as it affects the actual cost to my sister, gratefully
received.

Regards

Mike Dodd

Sounds like a lot of potential hassle to me.

I'd be inclined to finish insulating the loft, then await a really cold
spell to judge empirically if the existing rads are adequate or otherwise.

You might find that only 2 or 3 rads (or even none) need attention with
pro-rata hassle reduction.

Oh yes......I'd use end feed all the time.

Of course in this instance one additional complication you may have is
residual water in horizontal pipe runs which could make soldering very
frustrating. Worth havung some compression fittings in your bacl pocket
just in case.

david