Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Dodd Mike Dodd is offline

Default End-feed or solder ring copper fittings

Mike Dodd wrote:

Basically, with 6/7 rads to replace (/move around), what would be the
generally concensus as to the cheapest method (considering I'm buying
all blow-torches etc. from scratch)

Sorry, to clarify... what I'm really asking, I suppose is... are
solder-ring tee-pieces / joints generally PREFERRED to end-feed?

I remember from many years ago (dunno where or why?, maybe just a random
read) that solder-rings, you have to make all feeds/outlets, before
applying heat, then wait for the solder to just "wet" the visible
pipe... whereas end-feed, you're applying solder to all ports, with heat
applied, and looking for a clean wetted joint.

Flux required for both?, or are the solder-rings pre-fluxed?

Either product easier / more reliable than the other?

Mike