Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hollow skirting boards?

wrote:
Scott wrote:

Anyone know where I can get hollow skirting boards. I need to run some
cable and seemed a good idea if I can put it in a some hollow skirting
boards. So far, none of the diy sheds websites say they do such a thing

An alternative is to make some up from either plank & moulding or
skirting & standoff strips

Apparently some are being dense today. Since its not in one of the
zones where unprotected wiring is permitted obviously sheet steel would
need to be put in the groove to cover the wires. I dont see anything
espectially difficult about that, unless I'm missing something.

NT