Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Removing toilet - adhesive sealant

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 02:40:01 GMT, "Bob (but not THAT Bob)"
wrote:

Tom The Great wrote:

On 28 Dec 2006 12:55:52 -0800, wrote:

A few weeks ago, we used DAP Dynaflex 230 latex sealant while retiling
the bathroom, and used a thick bead of it as caulk between the toilet
and floor to prevent the possibility of leaks. Now we're trying to
pull up the toilet again to replace one of the tiles, but the toilet
won't detach from the floor! We're afraid to pull much harder on the
toilet because we don't want to crack the porcelain.
Help?

IMHO:

I've heard prescoring it with a utility knife should help when
removing caulked items. One tv show said there was a product that
'softens' caulk too.

I've heard "thinking about baseball" works.