Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Tablesaw does not start.. have to upgrade power

"D J" wrote in message
oups.com...
Folks,

I just bought a Jet table saw and plugged in yesterday night. I tried
to start but then the fuse went off. I know i have 110 v line, but do i
need to increase amps?

any good suggestion on how to do that? I am thinking of hiring an
electrician.

regards,
D J

Fuse in panel indicate an older house and perhaps some funny wiring
modifications through the years. Unplug saw and make sure blade and motor
spins freely. Find the shortest circuit run to the panel, remove all other
loads from that circuit, connect directly to receptacle without an extension
cord and restart the TS again.