Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Tablesaw does not start.. have to upgrade power

In article .com, "D J" wrote:
Folks,

I just bought a Jet table saw and plugged in yesterday night. I tried
to start but then the fuse went off. I know i have 110 v line, but do i
need to increase amps?

Dunno... what does JET say the saw requires? And what do you have now? 120V,
sure (not 110V, by the way), but how many amps? And what gauge is the wire in
the existing circuit?

any good suggestion on how to do that? I am thinking of hiring an
electrician.

Without knowing the answers to the above questions, any suggestion (other than
to hire an electrician) is premature.

--
Regards,