Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Hollow skirting boards?

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2006-12-29 15:05:21 +0000, Lobster
said:

wrote:
Scott wrote:

Anyone know where I can get hollow skirting boards. I need to run some
cable and seemed a good idea if I can put it in a some hollow skirting
boards. So far, none of the diy sheds websites say they do such a thing

An alternative is to make some up from either plank & moulding or
skirting & standoff strips

I thought running unprotected cables behind (oer "within", for that
matter) skirting boards was a big no-no?

David

It is.

Skirting trunking is common in flats with solid floors I think. I
discovered that the hard way when I screwed a telephone socket to a
plastic version...