Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default off topic: Internet Explorer 7

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:12:02 -0800, Parker Has Frothed:

The question is to upgrade or not to upgrade?

Yahoo mail seems to be pushing toward upgrading and Windows Update seems
to want to install IE7 but from what I hear the latest isn't always the
greatest.

Maybe a little bit off topic for this group but it seems that many of
the posters would probably have some experience with upgrading.

Stay with 6

COOSN-266-06-25794

I put it on my machine, largely because MS are not carrying out any further
maintenance support of IE6, which will leave it ( even ) wide ( er ) open to
abuse from those intent on getting into people's machines. I think it's
largely just a case of " If things don't change, they'll stay as they are ".
Yes, the layout looked a bit alien at first, but once I'd customised it a
bit to make it feel a bit more 'comfortable', I quickly forgot that it was
anything new. I actually shut the phishing filter off, because I felt that
it slowed things down a little on some sites. The multiple tabbed windows
are useful, as is the ability to put a whole series of open windows into a
single Favourite.

The machines that I have are very heavily used, and to date, I have had no
particular problems or issues with my IE7 installation.

Arfa