Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Resistors

In article 45946fdc.0@entanet,
Mike Dodd wrote:
A couple of years ago I got quite excited about a new microcontroller
chip, a very capable Atmel device, if memory serves me correctly.
Anyway, strode confidently into the shop, waded over the RC-cars,
joy-rider BOOM-boxes, Disco-Dave Decks, etc. to be told, that although
these were standard items, each shop had to get "so-many" pre-orders /
requests before the shop would be allocated stock... "So sir, would you
like to order one?". Sod that.

But it makes sense. You can't expect all their shops to stock the full
catalogue. However, what has changed is that at one time if the shop
didn't stock it you'd get it sent free from the warehouse.

--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.