Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Is a fence with noise reduction possible?

On 28 Dec 2006 02:59:44 -0800, "buffalobill"

we have a plain wooden stockade fence. but our friend in vegas has tall
rear yard concrete block walls common to his area that completely
separate each of the new properties. probably 10 ft tall. if there is a
party in the next pool yard you still hear it. always explore the fence
ordinance for all your requirements, and first match up your survey
with the neighbor's survey. you might consult an architect. explore air
conditioning and that "home theater sound system" or " as we call it, a
"stereo" so your windows can be closed.

Wayne Newton has 10' or taller fences, but we biddy folks don't.

For the OP. Many public buildings use a variety of panels to deaden
sound and avoid echo. Some are these are simply a piece of carpert
hanging like a picture.. Knowing where to place them is what is the
most important.

http://www.soundprooffoam.com/quiet-barrier.html

http://www.tenant.net/Rights/Noise/noise3.html

wrote:
I'll be replacing a fence that borders with a neighbor. It's redwood
picket fence, about 6' high. The neighbor has a pool, so I thought I
might as well try and cut down the noise from the filter and parties
they have, if possible.

I was thinking about building a fence with pickets on both sides so I
can place some sort of noise insulation in between. However, I need
ideas what I could use.

Any advice appreciated!

--
Oren