Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Resistors

On 2006-12-28 22:19:14 +0000, Ian White said:

raden wrote:
They are so cheap that buying e.g. 10 of each value from 10 to 1 meg
from RS isn't going to break the bank

and you can buy them in 10s

In fact I'm getting just a leetle ****ed off with RS

last time I bought 100 1N4007s they came individually bagged - pain in
the arse to unpack

You forgot the paper bags that the individually plastic-bagged items
all came in. Each paper bag solemnly informs us that "These are the
components you ordered from RS".

Can't they get pills for an overactive bagging department?

It seems to happen more if you order late in the evening rather than
earlier and I suspect has to do with their 2000 cut off time.

I've noticed that if I place an order around 1800-1930 very little of
the contents of the box is packed in paper baggies.

Leave it until 2300 or later and a lot of extra paper bags end up being used.

I'm wondering if the packers are rushed earlier on and skip these steps
and bored later.