Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default Is a fence with noise reduction possible?

On 27 Dec 2006 10:11:36 -0800, wrote:

I'll be replacing a fence that borders with a neighbor. It's redwood
picket fence, about 6' high. The neighbor has a pool, so I thought I
might as well try and cut down the noise from the filter and parties
they have, if possible.

I was thinking about building a fence with pickets on both sides so I
can place some sort of noise insulation in between. However, I need
ideas what I could use.

Any advice appreciated!

Many use hedges of dense evergreen to mask noises. I vote for
plants.

And yes, the fence will block the direct path of the noise and will
help.

And yes, you can mask the noise with something more desirable.