jk

Default Why a 220v welder is as good as a 120v..listen up, I discovered this w/o electrocuting myself

"Bruce A. Frank" wrote:

This is interesting, but I have never seen a house without a stove or
clothes dryer circuit that will give you 220V. I have run a welder in
several homes with a three conductor 10 gage wire extension, that I made
myself, as long as 50 ft with no reduced performance. Wire and male and
female plugs cost less than $35. These circuits are already wired
through a double breaker.

Well I Lived in one for 20 years. No 220 Oven recept, no 220 dryer
recept, NO 220 period. Just 1 120 to neutral leg.
jk