Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Changing tools from 115v to 230v...need switch

Karl wrote:
I have quite a few tools that I want to switch from 115v to 230v...yes,
they are able to be switched but come built with 115v. I am looking for
a switch to use for them. The tools are Jet 6" Jointer, Jet 1100A DC,
bandsaw and my table saw.

Looking at the Jet jointer and DC, they use the same type of switch
18AMP125V . Can't find a 230V version of it..

I am certain others have upgraded their tools and I was wondering where
they got there switches from.

TIA,
Karl

You shouldn't need a new switch. For example, page 5 of the user manual
for the DC-1100A shows how to convert the wiring for 230V operation.

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/partfiles/M-708639.pdf

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA