Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default MICROWAVE OVEN

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:29:04 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 01:02:58 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Have you actually compared with the abilities of the new units? Sure, you
can re-heat a cup of coffee, but for more serious cooking, you may be very
surprised at the differences and advancements.

Who would try "serious cooking" in a microwave? Certainly not a
serious chef.

Maybe a microchef would.

They are just for heating things. I had a microwave,
given to me as a gift, that had all the bells and whistles on it in my
condo. I never used any of them. After a big thunderstorm is was solid
waste.

They don't make waste as solid as they used to.

The magnetron was fine, the clock wouldn't light up so it was
useless. We ended up putting a springwound timer in a hole drilled
through the keypad and usiing it in my office.

That's great.