Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default Is a fence with noise reduction possible?

writes:

I'll be replacing a fence that borders with a neighbor. It's redwood
picket fence, about 6' high. The neighbor has a pool, so I thought I
might as well try and cut down the noise from the filter and parties
they have, if possible.

I was thinking about building a fence with pickets on both sides so I
can place some sort of noise insulation in between. However, I need
ideas what I could use.

Any advice appreciated!

Got room for an 8 foot high dirt berm? That's unfortunately about the
only thing that's likely to be very effective in noise reduction.

If you can get on friendly terms with your neighbor and have some
money to throw at the problem, consider a self-serving gift to them of
a noise-reducing enclosure for their filter, and getting invited to
their parties to enjoy em. :-)

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/