Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Is a fence with noise reduction possible?

wrote in message
ps.com...
I'll be replacing a fence that borders with a neighbor. It's redwood
picket fence, about 6' high. The neighbor has a pool, so I thought I
might as well try and cut down the noise from the filter and parties
they have, if possible.

I was thinking about building a fence with pickets on both sides so I
can place some sort of noise insulation in between. However, I need
ideas what I could use.

Any advice appreciated!

Unfortunately I don't think you'll have much luck. The sounds you are
hearing may be getting reflected off other dwellings. Trees and shrubs help
but your house would look like a compound afterward.

If you are trying to quiet down your HOUSE, as in block the sounds coming in
your home then insulation in the walls will help. If you are trying to
block the noise outside your house, sorry not much you can do in my mind
except plant bushes.