Posted to alt.home.repair
bubblegummom bubblegummom is offline

Default electrical problem, continued

Yep, they're electric!

N8N wrote:
bubblegummom wrote:
My husband says that since our oven and hot water heater are working
fully, that is a sign there is nothing wrong with the wires coming into
the house. Also, our neighborhood did not lose power.

Loretta

He may or may not be correct. If your oven and HWH are gas, the
electrical feed to them is probably only 120V; if you have power in
some areas of the house but not others it is entirely possible that you
have lost a phase on your supply. This could be something as simple as
a poor connection at the pole or meter. If you have a test light and
your wits about you (and stand on a dry board just in case you touch
something you're not supposed to) you can confirm this if you like.

If your oven and HWH are electric and 240V and are indeed operating at
full power, he's likely right.

nate