Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help me before I commit a crime!

wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:09:02 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

By the way, the correct answer was "It doesn't matter why I don't want
your
dog stopping here". Civil trespass, in other words.

In most places you don't own the first 10 feet from the road so you
can't file tresspassing charges but there are "clean up after your
dog" laws that may apply. Stray dogs are as bad as stray cats.
Folks don't like digging up cat **** in their potted plants either.

Actually, you *do* own it. The town and the utilities have permanent
easements for that strip, but all normal property laws apply, including
civil trespass. Ask your lawyer. I got this from our town justice, who
instructed two police supervisors who had the same misinformation you do.