Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Help me before I commit a crime!

In article .com, wrote:
I know if the dogs will just get some negative responses to their
barking,
they will probably quit. But for now, it's about to drive me around
the
corner.

Not necessarily. My brother owns two dachshunds that barked
incessantly. The neighbors sued him, forcing him to put these devices
on their collars that sent an electric shock when they barked. This
worked for a while, but they got used to the shocks and the barking
continued. The neighbor's complained and they had to have the dog's
vocal cords cut. The damn things still tried to bark, but managed only
a whisper.

Would've made a lot more sense to find out why the dogs were barking, and
eliminate the cause...

For the barking to tick off the neighbors, it would seem the dogs were
outdoors. If they were barking because he left them outdoors 24x7, then the
correct solution to the problem would have been to give the dogs away to a
responsible owner who would care for them properly.

--
Regards,