Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Insulating floor over unfinished basement.

Tom The Great wrote:
Hello Eveyone,

Looking for suggestions. I have an unfinished basement, with unfaced
fiberglass insulation in between the floor joists. I hate the stuff.
Anytime I add a circuit, soon I will be adding bridging, or just
walking on the flooor, I get fiberglass on me, boxes, and in my air.

I will be removing the fiberglass to shore up a bouncy floor, I want
to NOT put it back, and wondered what are my alternatives. I want
insulation that won't be declared a hazard on a couple decades(yeah
fiber glass is heading there). So after this ramble, can anyone offer
a suggestion?

tom

I suggest removing it, doing all the work you need done, then putting it
back in (why waste good insulation) then cover the whole thing with plastic
or house wrap like Tyvek?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit