Posted to alt.home.repair
w989531 w989531 is offline

Default Question regarding stripping cedar garage doors

Thanks very much for the information. I will do a bit more exploring
the subject using the information that you have provided. More than
anything, I was looking to see if it was possible to perform such
maintenance on cedar garage doors...and now I know that you can.

Thanks again. It is appreciated very much...

Regards,

Doug

On 25 Dec 2006 16:45:14 -0800, "marson" wrote:

i've bleached cedar with a hudson type sprayer loaded with a bleach
solution (don't recall the recipe, but someone will probably post) and
a garden hose. spray on the bleach, let is sit a while, and rinse
thoroughly with the hose. don't really think you'd want to take a
pressure washer to a cedar garage door. the black might be hard to get
off. you might want to invest in an orbital sander if you don't have
one and give them a good sanding.