Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Successful DIY project

Matty F wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Matty F wrote:

I've made tables from 7mm 3ply, with 50x20mm timber around the edge.
They are very light and can be put on trestles or a smaller table.
Cost: about £3 excluding varnish or paint.

So you see that DIY is not just for people who know what they are
talking about.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. The MDF looks nicer and
won't splinter on the edges like ply. The ply is lighter and cheaper.
When I have to put 10 tables on a truck, the weight makes a difference.

where do you find 7mm 3ply? And at what cost, £3 all in is remarkably
cheap, unless youre talking about little table-lets.

NT