Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Insulating floor over unfinished basement.

On 2006-12-25, Tom The Great wrote:

Looking for suggestions. I have an unfinished basement, with unfaced
fiberglass insulation in between the floor joists. I hate the stuff.

I'm facing the same situation, and I've thought about it some,
although I haven't decided on anything yet. Another poster suggested
cotton batt insulation, which seems like a good idea and is one I'm
considering. The other option I've thought of is to attach a small
continuous angle bracket to the bottom of the sides of each joist and
use this to support rigid insulation.

Cheers, Wayne