Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default House wiring question.

Terry wrote:
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 01:12:15 -0500, wrote:

On 23 Dec 2006 20:58:50 -0800,
wrote:

I think that the Scotchloks are the only brand that are approved
for non-twisted mechanical connection.

Ye Gads! I guess you learn something every day. I'm not an
electrician and I've always just worked on my own house, but I've
never twisted the wires first. However, I have always made sure
that the wires are securely fastened in the connector. The good
news is that 20-years later, I haven't had any problems. The bad
news is that you've given me yet another thing to worry about, but
thanks anyway.

I would suggest you read the box before you believe this. All major
brands say twisting is NOT necessary.

Just happen to have a few boxes nearby:
Gee, I thought Leviton and CH were major brands; both of the boxes say the
wires need to end up twisted and even show pictures. Someone's BS ing here;
wonder if it's me or you? g I'm sure those guys will be disappointed to
see that they're not major brands, poor guys.

What you guys are missing is exactly WHEN the twisting occurs!

Pop`