Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Cockroaches

naked on the phone wrote:

Insect researchers have found that cockroaches can tolerate a much
higher dose -- really higher! The lethal dose for the American
cockroach is 67,500 rems and for the German cockroach it is between
90,000 and 105,000 rems (yikes!). In truth the amount of radiation that
cockroaches can withstand is equivalent to that of a thermonuclear
explosion. So, show a little respect the next time your chasing one
through the kitchen with a spray can in your hand!

After a bad day of dealing with insects, I tried a little experiment.
I put a spider in the microwave & turned it on. It lasted about 1/2
second. Then I put a Japanese ladybug in there & turned it on. It
walked around like it was unaffected for at least 30 seconds. I
figgured if it was that tough it deserved to be let free, so I did.