Posted to alt.home.repair
aspasia aspasia is offline

Default Cockroaches

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:56:40 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

"EXT" wrote in message
tanews.com...
Yes, cats can be helpful. An indoor cat is looking for something to hunt,
particularly if you have one with lots of hunting talent. Our cat will
track a small fly, following it through the house until either the fly
dies or the cat kills it. We once had what looked like a roach in the
house right after bringing in some bulk vegetables. The only reason we
knew about it is the cat was playing with it and wanted to show us what it
had caught. We finished it off for the cat and got rid of it. If there
were any more the cat didn't tell us, and we never saw any.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
waheed wrote:
How can i get rid of cockroches from my house. They always get access
to my kitchen.

For a few of the big ones that manage to get inside, think cat.

We lived in Texas from 1963 to 1966 and our Siamese cat killed all of the
big roaches. The small ones require chemicals.

No. Some will always survive, mutate, and procreate. Problem not
solved.

This comes up periodically on the NGs.

Best long-range solution is plain boric acid, available at drug
stores, very inexpensive. Sprinkle at every possible opening to
kitchen and (if they have gotten into closets or drawers - shudder -
happened to me!) sprinkle under shelf/drawer liners. Happens more
slowly than with harsh chemicals, but happens permanently.

Good luck!