Grunff

Default What constitutes reasonable wear (cordless drill)

Andy Hall wrote:

Another direction you could consider if you don't specifically need
the hammer action is the Makita 6228DWE. I had one of these with
three batteries as a deal from Axminster. Frankly, it is OK with two
during almost all jobs, swapping battery packs with the 1hr charger.

It has a very good speed and torque control which does a good job with
slow driving of screws at high torque.

I've used mine solidly for (I guess) two years and it remains very
solid as a trade rated tool.

Hmm..While I don't use hammer on the cordless that much, there
have been several occasions where not having hammer would've
been very inconvenient - necessitating making up 100m+ extension
leads.

I suppose one possibility is that if Screwfix won't
replace/repair, I keep the Erbauer and use it only when I need
cordless hammer, and get myself a non-hammer Mak.

--
Grunff