Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

In article . net, wrote:

I was there in Silver Spring, MD during the late nineties ice storm when
the outside superintendent took a climbing harness out of the trunk of
his sedan and climbed a pole in order to drop the service drop for an
offending house into the front yard. They could not get power back
until a master electrician certified that their property was free of any
uncontrolled energy source connected to it's wiring. The home is now
powered through an manual transfer switch which the owner had to install
at his own expense.

Makes perfect sense to me... but it's not quite the same situation as the "you
will never get service again" claim that I said sounded like an urban legend.

--
Regards,