Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare Michael Chare is offline

Default Positioning thermostat bulb on HW tank

"Aidan Karley" lid wrote in
message r.invalid...

Question is, should I re-attach the thermostat bulb at the top of the
heated tank, or at the bottom, or at the mid-height of the
heat-exchanger coil?

(My guess is, about half-way up the coil. But I could half-convince
myself that it should be right at the bottom of the tank.)

The bottom of the tank cools quicker because that is where the cold water
enters, so siting the thermostat bulb low down near the bottom would make it
just that much more sensitive to temperature drops cause by hot water usage.

--

Michael Chare