Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Super Glue - Removal!

zaax wrote:
Thomarse wrote:

Hello!

My wonderful fiancee in her infinate wisdom decided to fix a
decorative wall sign of my sons for his bedroom wall - with
superglue. It worked great!... however she left it on our kitchen
worktop to dry, and you guessed it, the superglue dripped and went on
the surface!

I have have a long ridge of superglue along the worksurface which is
one of those face marble effect ones. I'd like to know if superglue
really is super or whether there is a way to dissolve/remove it once
it has set? We are replacing the worktops in the future, but not for
quite a while and it is rather unsightly!

I'm guessing that there must be some substance that reacts with
superglue and dissolves it, as other people must of have worse
superglue horror stories where body parts become attached etc!

Anyway, any advice would be greatfully recieved!

Merry xmas

Tom

Super glue isn't waterproof

No, but water won't soften it.

Acetone sponged on, or poured on will tho.

It MUST be acetone, Other cellulose solvents wont touch it.

Get from fiberglass sully places like
http://www.fibretechgb.co.uk/DefaultHome.htm

Nitromethane also works..but its pretty hard to come by.

You can buy debomnder at model shops..and its allegedly very good, but I
got a pint of acetone for the same price, and it definitely
works..unglued my favorite jumper anyway.

Watch out for fumes..very dizzymaking and mega headaches if too much
inhaled. No permanent after effects tho.