Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:10:02 -0600, Puddin' Man
wrote:

Why do you expect perfection? Such a thing doesn't exist, and can't.
There is no way to be 100% certain of not making a mistake.

Garbage.

This...
And if there were any doubt, I'd go outside, snip the seal,
pull the meter, and plop the damned thang down on my
workbench in the basement.

.. is a 100% certain way of not making the mistake of backfeeding the utility
lines.

Doug doesn't understand that not every home is wired the same as his
because if he did he would have to admit that he is giving dangerous
deadly advice. And since Doug's absolute perfection would prevent him
from forgetting to turn off the main breaker it follows that his
absolutely perfect advice applies universally, will never be
misunderstood, and that no one following that advice will ever be
impaired by alcohol, drugs, or even Over The Counter (OTC) cold
medication. You see Doug, and therefor everyone who follows his advice
is much too perfect to ever under any circumstances commit a human error
like a mere mortal such as myself. We should all be awed to be in the
presence of such brilliance.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.