Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Solder?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Pop` spake thus:

Kind of silly I suppose, but I was just wondering:

1. Does code allow soldering for residential wiring where you live?
2. Where do you live?

Please, I'm not trying to start a debate over the
science/physics/howto's of soldering or its relative pros/cons.

Can't answer the question (a good one, by the way), but it brings up
another, even more interesting, question in my mind: assuming it is
legal (I'd suspect it is), what about insulation for the joint? Is
electrician's tape sufficient?

Yes, in some locales, assuming it has the proper markings and approvals.