Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default Ungrounded Electrical outlets

wrote:
Eric in North TX wrote:
Personally I tire of hearing about ungrounded outlets. Reality check;
my bet is that well over half of the dwellings in the U.S. have
ungrounded outlets, and people have lived long full lives in them.
I'll also bet that your chances of actually having a fatal or even
debilitating shock are up there with winning the lottery and getting
struck by lightning. This is all just hype, part of the lowest common
denominator, lets idiot proof everything thing. I say lets thin out
the gene pool, why let idiots live to reproduce more idiots.

well over the years I have haD SOME APPLIANCES INTERNALLY SHORT TO
GROUND, PRIMARILY WIRES BURNING OFF AND HITTING THE FRAME

anyhow if these werent grounded someone could of gotten a lethal
shock......... children and elderly are espically at risk.

I also see this in my business I repair offce machines primarily roll
laminators. At least once a month a wire burns off a switch or
similiar.

ground has indeed saved lives

"could of"? could have
"espically"? especially