Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 01:39:43 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:07:40 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Mark Lloyd

wrote:
On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:48:30 GMT,
(Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , CJT wrote:

And in a perfect world, nobody would accidentally flip a breaker.

Be realistic -- who's going to "accidentally" flip the MAIN??

By the time you find out, it'll be too late to stop it.

I never understood why people assume the one thing (perfection) that's
actually impossible.

Like I said... be realistic. Learn to distinguish real hazards from imagined
ones. Do what you can to prevent the real ones -- and ignore the ones that
arise only from your imagination.

Actually, they arose from other posters on this group first.

OK, fine, they arose from _other_people's_ imaginations.

This is a big enough place that a lot of things really do happen.

And, of course, a healthy imagination is a good thing. It helps you
prevent real disasters.

Point remains that
you apparently have not yet learned to distinguish between real and imaginary
hazards.

Then there's that real big imaginary hazard that more than half of
Americans claim to worry about....

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"