Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default filling up a swimming pool

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Steve B spake thus:

[...]

In the old days, one would just fill a pool in. Welcome to today. The
OP stated they were in California, which has their own special rules
governing everything. The California Environmental Impact Studies will
be $100,000 by itself! Then there will be the relocation costs for the
insects and rodents displaced by the construction project. Easily
another $100,000. This could affect the watering habits of pigeons in
the area, thus requiring a special FEDERAL variance, another $100,000.
And if it is proven the removal of the pool affects any endangered
species, the whole house may just have to be buried......................
;-)

I think you're making this stuff up as you go along.

You don't think ................. ;-)

The previous I made up, but the part about the contractor wanting $115,000
each to fill three swimming pools at some nearby condos according to local
code is a true story.

Steve