Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

Like I said... be realistic. Learn to distinguish real hazards from imagined
ones. Do what you can to prevent the real ones -- and ignore the ones that
arise only from your imagination.

Given that linemen have died in situations similar to what we're
discussing, I think we need to consider this a "real" hazard.

Sho'ly, sho'ly.

I switch the MAIN off, and pull the meter. Start the generator, and
30A jumps thru thin air, once in the breaker circuit, a second time in the
meter socket. Runs out thru the power lines and kills some po' lineman.

You keep saying that. You keep telling us that you
always pull the meter, and shut the main breaker off.

YOU may think you'll get it right, but you've already
demonstrated, by not putting in the switch, that your
judgment cannot be trusted. So don't expect anyone
to agree with you.

--Goedjn