Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

In article , CJT wrote:

Given that linemen have died in situations similar to what we're
discussing, I think we need to consider this a "real" hazard.

Cite one instance, please, in which a lineman has been killed by a backfed
generator when the service disconnect was OFF.

(Not holding my breath waiting...)

Yes, I understand there is a potential for serious danger. No, I'm *not*
advocating backfeeding service-entrance panels without a transfer switch. I'm
just pointing out that it's not automatically going to kill a lineman.

--
Regards,