Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

In article , Mark Lloyd wrote:

I didn't say that. I said that nothing can ever be done with 100%
reliability. That is, there is never a 100% guarantee that you will
remember to remove the meter EVERY time and that that meter will STAY
removed.

This is getting absurd. Do you think the meter is going to get up off the
ground, climb the wall, and reinstall itself into the base?

I considered doing that (connecting generator that way) once but never
did it because of the small risk of severe consequences.

I guess if you don't trust yourself to throw the main breaker, and/or don't
trust other members of your household to leave it alone, then this makes
sense.

--
Regards,