Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:41:51 GMT, CJT wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:03:01 -0600, CJT wrote:

Puddin' Man wrote:

snip

Suppose, in an emergency scenario, I pick a couple 15A circuits
and switch all the other breakers off? Safe?

Perhaps it would seem so, but I'd personally opt for extension cords.

Jeez, whotta mess ...

There's too great a danger of somebody who is not fully aware of what's
going on flipping a breaker.

That's a multi-occupant thingy. I shoulda stated there's noone
here 'cept me and my Crazy Birddawg.

I'd hate to be the guy responsible for
electrocuting a power company lineman working to restore power.

This would be possible given the main breaker in my house is
switched off? No comprendere, senor.

All it takes is a momentary lapse of attentiveness or (particularly
since we're talking about emergency conditions) somebody new on the
scene.

It's gotta be the Crazy Birddawg ('cause it couldn't be me).
The Crazy Birddawg is gonna flip the switch ... :-)

At any rate, I believe it violates code, is illegal, and is dangerous.
I understand all that might not stop you doing it, but I would advise
against it.

Taken under advisement.

Thanks,

Thx,