Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] JsWhal@gmail.com is offline

Default Replacing bearings on Delta 46-111 lathe

I have a 46-111 that sounds like it needs new headstock bearings. I
don't see how the motor pulley comes off. I loosened the set screws but
it's screwed onto the spindle, and I don't see how to keep it from
turning to back the pulley off.

The Delta parts diagram refers to an "Early" model and a later one,
which take different bearings. How can I tell which one I have? I'm
guessing it's the older one, based on the drawing of the tailstock. The
serial number is FL-833.

If anyone has instructions on changing the bearings I appreciate it.

Joe