Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] respk@yahoo.com is offline

Default harbor freight air compressor spare parts

Good ideas. I hadn't thought of a bolt, but why the copper washer?

In talking with HB customer service it seems debatable whether one can
be obtained at all. I just thought it might be quicker and/or easier
to find a secondary source if one exists.

Thanks for the help.

N8N wrote:
i'm assuming that the reason you are asking the question is that the
compressor will leak if the disptick is not tightened and you wish to
use the compressor sooner than six weeks from now. What about using a
bolt and copper washer (if the dipstick has straight threads) or a pipe
plug (if it has pipe threads) to seal the hole while the compressor is
running, and only use the stripped dipstick for checking the oil level?
The threads will likely be Metric as as Joe implied, much of HF's
merchandise is made in China.

good luck,

nate

wrote:
Thanks for the proverbial 2x4 to the head.

The plastic threads have stripped.

I don't suppose you have an answer to my questions?

Respk

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Harbor Freight Central Pneumatic air compressor that I would
like to find a new oil dipstick for. Harbor Freight tells me it will
take 6-8 weeks or longer to get one. Has anyone had any luck finding
spare parts any place else? By any chance does anyone know if they are
a generic part and could be purchased through another manufacturer?

TIA

Respk

Congratulations. This is what happens when you buy things made in China.
What happened to the old dipstick?