Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Galvanized Pipe

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Grandpa wrote:
wrote:
I plan to replace a good portion of galvanized Pipe with PEX. I've

..
Suggestions - run 3/4 PEX as much as you can, you will appreciate the
flow. Second, if you're going to do it, replace it all at once, the
effort involved will keep you from ever wanting to do it again.

Not a bad suggestion, but if you can do it, I suggest running all runs
as home runs to a manifold in the basement. You can use the smaller ½
inch and since you will not be sharing, it should give good volume and
pressure and the hot water will not need to run as long. Any maintenance
work will allow you to shut down just one run at a time.

--
Joseph Meehan

Manifold?