Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JR JR is offline

Default 3801 denon receiver

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
wrote:
Hello, i have a problem with a 3801 denon receiver, ..I bought this
receiver from a guy on the internet, said to be in exellent shape,
when it arrived, i plugged it in and it will not do anything, no
display, no standby light, no click when you hit power switch
nothing. I have checked all 7 fuses on the receiver with an ohm
meter, they are all ok. checked voltage where power cord plugs into
board, shows 120 volts, if you unplug receiver and checked switched
outlet on back of receiver, the outles show open with ohm meter,
unplug yellow and white wire on transformer to board and now switched
outlets are no longer reading open....does this sound like a power
transformer, any way to test?

OK, tried to send you the manual - it bounced because it was too big. I'l
split it and send it in 2 parts.

Mark Z.

man i really appreciate it...it looks like i have a bad relay, im gonna
get on the phone and see if i can find parts