Peter Reilley

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. net...
"Peter Reilley" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
. net...
"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Ed

Huntress
says...

I'm big on the 1st, 4th, 9th, and 10th. Those guys will take care

of
the
rest. g

I always sort of liked the 6th. The story of Gideon Vs Wainright
and how the right to be represented by council came about is one
of my favorite stories. They made a film about it, Gideon's
Trumpet.

Ok, you've got dibs on the 6th. Any others?

Ed Huntress

How about the 10 Commandments? The ones about don't kill and don't
steal seem to be out of favor among the religious right. They tend to
stand
in the way of invading other countries. ;-)

I'm not sure about the Commandments. I'd want a legal definition of

"covet"
first.

Ed Huntress

It depends on your viewpoint. If you are a Christian fundamentalist then
you would not use that word. You think more in the term of "God gave me
the right to XXX". That way you are not stealing or killing. God gave
you
the right to do whatever.

However, it you are the other guys then they do "covet" any should suffer
the full wrath of God. Christian fundamentalists are happy to help God
with the wrath part.

This is great, I should have been a theologian.

Pete.