Posted to alt.home.repair
Arthur Shapiro Arthur Shapiro is offline

Default Is There An Electrician in the House?

In article om, wrote:

OTOH, you mention Al wiring. I'd save up all small change to pay for
verifying, changing
all connections to safe ones; properly crimp on pigtails, whatever. Al
connections are a
huge danger.

When I moved in, in 1987, I pigtailed every outlet with NoAlOx filled wire
nuts. I've had to examine a couple of those outlets over the years and was
pleased to see the nuts were still tight and apparently filled with the gorp.
I know crimping is now the approved methodology, but I'm satisfied with what I
see. But I appreciate the suggestion (and everyone else's input on the
original issue).

Art